Monday, January 7, 2008

Webshot of the Tip of the Iceberg?


26Feb19:  I now understand that Carmon Friedrich is now a very outspoken critic of the Quiverfull Patriarchy Movement that was the initial impetus for starting this blog.  Hooray, Carmon.! As I've said many times, not only is the learning curve of this whole world very steep, the rabbit holes are that much deeper.  So many people get involved with this ideology without informed consent and without a good understanding of what the leaders actually believe.  (They keep the less pleasant elements of the lifestyle private and quiet until their acolytes are hooked and entrenched.)

I offer it here as a testimony to Carmon's honesty and good character -- and her willingness to be humble about her past.  I think that I read somewhere that we overcome evil by not only the Blood of the Lamb, but also through the word of our testimony.  May she be the example for many who make the journey out of the confusion.



Original post from January 2008.  It was originally entitled 
"Tip of the Kinist Iceberg."


I have a shot of the whole webpage, but this one will allow you to click on the image and actually be able to read it. I expect that in a day or so, when the Buried Treasure Books website comes back online, that this page of comments will be long gone.
.
Now, considering how instrumental Carmon Friedrich was to Stacy McDonald and Jennie Chancey as they wrote their book "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God," I wonder if dear Matt Chancey knows that their friend Carmon Friedrich rubbed elbows with Harry Seabrook just like the Epsteins did?
.
Hmmm. Is this "guilt by association," too?
.
.
.
COMMENTS:
.
Comment 1 by Corrie:
See Corrie's comment above, reproduced as an individual blog post.
.
.
Kathleen (Kate) said...
Cindy,Thank you for posting this. The revelation of these connections is another step in the Body of Christ to determine between wisdom and folly. I for one, made the decision a while back to reveal some of my early dealings with bad "theologians" and have publically and privately repented, when I was brought to truth. For some of them, I was even unaware of their hidden beliefs and associations. My guess is that kinists and patriarchs know that their beliefs are not as palatable as they'd like to market them.
January 8, 2008 7:36 AM