Saturday, May 3, 2008

Web Searches Concerning the "Return of the Daughters"


When I check the sitemeter on this blog, I notice that I still get regular hits for the "Return of the Daughters," the video produced by the Botkin family. I also get about one email every few weeks asking for additional information on the topic. In response, I've added "Return of the Daughters" as a Label/Tag.

I also would like to point out that although the video was not discussed during these podcasts, the young ladies who participated in the family effort to create the film also have written a book that delineates their views more specifically.

"thatmom" Karen Campbell and "Spunky" the Homeschool Mom reviewed the Botkin book in the fall of 2007 via podcast. For those of you who have great interest in this topic, I encourage you to listen to these podcasts to learn more about the ideology behind the film, "The Return of the Daughters."

Also, please note these other blog posts that I featured here on this blog concerning the film and just a few of my concerns about the material. I would write more about the issue, but frankly, I find the topic far too disturbing. (See also "The Disturbing Return of the Daughters" and "Recent Discussion Concerning the Vision Forum Concept of the Father/Daughter Relationship.")



PODCASTS discussing the Botkins' book entitled "So Much More":

WEEK SEVEN: thatmom's October 19th Podcast Interview with Spunky (Karen Braun), Part IV: Discussing Visionary Daughters and "So Much More" by Anna Sophia and Elizabeth Botkin"

Listen here to this week’s podcast, which is part one of two on the topic of visionary daughters as a whole month of Spunky continues."

LINK to WEEK SEVEN's podcast and blog HERE!


~~~~~~~~

WEEK EIGHT: thatmom's October 26th Podcast Final Interview with Spunky (Karen Braun), Part V: Discussing Visionary Daughters and "So Much More" by Anna Sophia and Elizabeth Botkin"

"thatmom" Karen Campbell's comments about this podcast:

Please note that a HUGE discussion of this topic is occurring here (at the True Womanhood website). It is a continuation of the first thread which can be found here . I would encourage anyone who wants to know as much as possible about the visionary daughters movement to take some time and read through these comments. I am continually amazed at all the interesting things I learn from contributors to these threads. Also, if you are just now joining me for these podcasts, I would suggest that you go back to the Introduction to Patriocentricity podcast from September 7th and begin there. You can also access the thatmom podcast archives by visiting www.thatmompodcast.com. As always, I welcome all comments and look forward to a great discussion with you!"


LINK to WEEK EIGHT's podcast and blog HERE!