Friday, November 30, 2007

Painfully Apart from the Beaten Track

Charles Spurgeon said:
At any rate, cost what it may, to separate ourselves from those who separate themselves from the truth of God is not alone our liberty, but our duty.
I have raised my protest in the only complete way by coming forth, and I shall be content to abide alone until the day when the Lord shall judge the secrets of all hearts;
but it will not seem to me a strange thing if others are found faithful, and if others judge that for them also there is no path but that which is painfully apart from the beaten track.
“Attempts at the Impossible”
Sword and Trowel
December 1988
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks to Paul Elliot for drawing my attention to this quote by citing it in "Christianity and Neo-Liberalism: The Spiritual Crisis in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church and Beyond" published by the Trinity Foundation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~