Evangelical Women’s Rights Convention
July 24, 2010
July 24, 2010
Understanding Social Influence:
- More about Social Influence and Authority: Lecture about The Lucifer Effect (the power of social influence and authority within systems) by Dr. Philip Zimbardo.
Why Noting Behavior is Important in Christian Churches:
- Dr. Walter Martin’s audio lecture, “The Rise of the Cults” at Lee College Chapel (28Jan79). Courtesy of Spiritwatch Ministries.
- Dr. Paul Martin’s audio lecture, “Why Evangelicals Should Believe in Thought Reform (“Brainwashing”) at the 2008 ENMR Conference, Kansas City, MO (March 2008). (See sidebar for quick reference.)
More About Undue Influence:
- More Information about how thought conversion works, expounding upon Steve Hassan’s model. Also visit his website and read more at www.freedomofmind.com.
- Synopsis of Spiritual Abuse on the Watchman Fellowship website. (See blog sidebar for quick reference.)
- Overview of the essentials of Robert Cialdini’s “Weapons of Influence” available at www.LuciferEffect.com. (See blog sidebar for quick reference.)
- Short overview of Dr. Robert Lifton’s Thought Reform Criteria and how it operates in Christian Churches. (See blog sidebar for quick reference.)
- Read more about how Lifton’s Thought Reform operates in Evangelical Churches in The Heresy of Mind Control: Recognizing Con Artists, Tyrants, and Spiritual Abusers in Leadership by Steven Martin. THIS BOOK IS ESSENTIAL READING FOR UNDERSTANDING HOW THOUGHT REFORM WORKS IN EVANGELICAL CHURCHES!.
- Listen to the podcast series on Spiritual Abuse at www.Thatmom.com (a series of interviews with Cindy, exploring in more depth the dynamics of the phenomenon)
How to Resist Manipulation:
- Surviving and Resisting Undue Influence at a Convention or Conference