Saturday, January 12, 2008

An Invitation to a Public Discussion

Image: another webshot of a second thread from Buried Treasure Books (now no longer available in a cache).

Saturday, January 12, 2008 12:56:03 AM

Dear Cindy,

Please email me as I cannot find your email on your site. I would like to set the record straight regarding a comment you made about me.

Thank you.

I've just received an email from Carmon Friedrich as noted. Since I pulled comments from a (public) blog and commented on them publicly, I invite Carmon to address her concerns in this public forum.
I made note of Carmon's association with Chad Degenhart and Harry Seabrook in two posts on this site this week:
12Jan07 10:52Am
Carmon Friedrich just sent me an email stating that she will not correspond with me because I made her original email to me a matter of public record by posting it here.
Thanks for responding, Carmon.


Rebecca said...
I'm confused. I don't know Carmon Friedrich at all, so there is probably more here than meets the eye. But first she emails you to say she doesn't have your email address? Why didn't she just "set the record straight" in that first email and be done with it?
Also, if I wanted to "set the record straight" about something you said publicly, I'd be more than happy to have that done just as publicly. To me, setting the record straight is not a private thing.January 12, 2008 8:22 AM

Cindy said...
Rebecca,My husband and I wondered the very same thing. What cannot be said to me publicly that would have been said in private, I wonder?
January 12, 2008 8:39 AM

Kathleen (Kate) said...
Drat! I just lost a comment because of my internet connection. Oh, well, here goes again: Cindy,Carmon needs to come out and just say whether or not she holds the same beliefs (kinist) as the Seabrooks (and I've seen them or at least Stephanie Seabrook comment on her site before). Either she could comment here or on her own site.Sometimes you can't know who the commenters are and what their world views are on our blogs, but a simple disclaimer would be nice. Also, featured interaction you presented doesn't seem like they have an acquaintence relationship, IMO.
I used to frequent an agrarian forum that held strict beliefs and lifestyle preferences that they basically said were biblical. When I found out their extreme, and even kinist associations, I quickly distanced myself and unlinked to them from my old blog. I also placed a disclaimer that I didn't agree with the teachings and even blogged against the man's hypocritical teachings. It seems such a thing could be done in Carmon's situation, if she doesn't follow kinism.Incidentally, I've seen "biblical agrarians" outright lie and figuratively take up pitchforks :) against anyone that says anything about their beliefs, so the latest verbal "defenses" against their opponents is nothing new.January 12, 2008 9:12 AM

CJ said...
She certainly seems to know a lot of these people. That in itself wouldn't mean much, but what did she have in common with Seabrook and Degenhart and Badonicus that caused her to know all of them to begin with? 12, 2008 9:34 AM